Cost - £6 per person
Available Spaces - 120 (60 lead, 60 follow)
It’s the luck of the draw that could see you end up with a teacher, your regular dance partner or some random person who turns out to be your dancing soul mate. You just never know with this category so dip in and see what you get.
1) This category is open to all, amateurs and professionals.
2) We ask for traditional gender balancing in this category. More specifically, males are leads and females are follows.
3) Only the men dance with numbers. Ladies will be given a pink slip on arrival, which when partnered will be taken from them and filled in with her partners number. This is then the couple for the entirety of the category, including heats, semi finals, finals and grand masters.
4) Partners will be allocated at random on the day.
5) Judges will award points for style, innovation, musical interpretation, quality of dancing and synchronisation of dancers rather than the number/difficulty of moves and links.
6) Judges will NOT award points for dress and presentation.
7) Airsteps, (lifts, jumps and acrobatic moves), will not be permitted. Disqualification from the competition will be automatic should a couple attempt these moves.
8) No extra points will be awarded for drops but they will be permitted provided that one of the lady's feet remains in contact with the ground. Otherwise the move will be defined as an airstep. Please agree beforehand with your partner if you agree to any kind of dip, drop or lean.
9) Must be at least 16 years old to compete in this category.
Ceroc Devon reserves the right to change the programme and competition if necessary without consultation.
The event will be recorded in full and photographed, these may be used by Ceroc for promotional purposes.
The organisers accept no responsibility for injury to person or possession in relation to this event.
There will be no refund for entrants who pull out of this category beforehand.