Top Cats Amatuer and Top Cats Pro
Cost: £10 per person
Available Spaces: Top Cat Amatuer has 36 male and 36 female spaces, Top Cat Pro as 24 male and 24 female spaces
In this section no-one knows who their partner will be and partners are changed during each round. With this category we aim to discover the best overall individual dancers. The 'couple' who win first place male and female may not have danced together during the whole category! You can enter as either an Amatuer or a Professional.
1) Individuals are randomly paired in each round and individually judged on their dancing. Your individual numbers must be visible to the judges on your back (or front for backless outfits).
2) It is the individuals who go through to the next round, where they are again randomly paired for the next heat. This means that each entrant may have a different partner for each round and may even be allocated different partners for each track during the round.
3) Entry into this category may be limited due to gender balancing.
4) Traditional gender allocation only in this category. More specifically, males are leaders and females are followers.
5) Partners will be randomly allocated on the day.
6) Open to amateurs and professionals.
7) Everyone will be judged individually. Judges are looking for style, innovation, musical interperatation, quality of dancing and synchronisation of dancers rather than the number/difficulty of moves.
8) Judges will also award points for dress and presentation of each person.
9) Must be at least 16 years old to compete in this category.
10) You cannot enter Top Cat Amatuer if you are competing elsewhere as Pro, and vice versa.
Ceroc Devon reserve the right to change the programme and competition if necessary without consultation.
The event will be recorded in full and photograph, these maybe used by Ceroc for promotional purposes.
The organisers accept no responsibility for injury to person or possession in relation to this event.
There will be no refund for entrants who pull out of this category beforehand.