Cost - £22 per couple
Spaces available - 12 couples
The perfect introduction to competition - couples in Newcomers are either both complete Newcomers, or can comprise of 1 newcomer, and 1 intermediate dancer.
A 'newcomer' must not have competed in any major dancing competition before, local and weekender competitions are okay.
1) This category is open to amateurs ONLY, no open level dancers/partnerships and no advanced dancers - you can also be entered into the intermediate category.
2) Both you and your partner must be amateurs.
3) Judges will award points for connection, quality of dancing and synchronisation of dancers rather than the number/difficulty of moves and links.
4) Judges will not be awarding points for dress and presentation.
5) Airsteps, (lifts, jumps and acrobatic moves), will not be permitted. Disqualification from the competition will be automatic should a couple attempt these moves.
6) No extra points will be awarded for drops but they will be permitted provided that one of the lady's feet remains in contact with the ground. Otherwise the move will be defined as an airstep. Please agree beforehand with your partner if you agree to any kind of dip, drop or lean.
7) At least 1 person entering must not have competed in any category at any of the major competitions, including but not limited to Welsh champs, London champs, Midland Champs, Northern Champs, Scottish Champs, Pan Asia Champs, Crystal Blues, World Modern Jive Champs, Indie Champs etc. Small local class night or freestyle competitions for fun DO NOT count.
Ceroc Devon reserve the right to change the programme and competition if necessary without consultation.
The event will be recorded in full and photograph, these maybe used by Ceroc for promotional purposes.
The organisers accept no responsibility for injury to person or possession in relation to this event.
There will be no refund for entrants who pull out of this category beforehand.