Cost - £20 per couple
Number of places available - 24 fixed couples
Going head to head with some of the best dancers on the competition circuit will certainly raise your game. This eagerly anticipated category will bring out your best performance. The Open category is recommended for those dancers who want to dance Ceroc with no holds barred!
1) Participants (couples or individuals) in the Open Category cannot compete in the FreeAm, Ceroc X or partner a Pro in the ProAm category.
2) Both professional and amateur dancers may participate for the Open Trophy.
3) Couples will dance to up tempo music chosen by the organisers. This could be anything from 40's to current day chart music. In the Open Category tracks will have a minimum of 100 beats per minute.
4) All judging will be by points system. Dancers are encouraged to dance to all tracks in their round. Qualifying dancers will be asked back to the next heat/round. All judges decisions are final.
5) Points in the Open category are awarded for style, musical interpretation, synchronisation of the couple, quality of dancing, complexity of moves, dress and presentation of the couple.
6) One major airstep or inverted move per track is permitted lasting a maximum of 7 seconds.
7) Partners must not break contact/handhold for more than 8 beats.
8) As many dips, drops, leans and baby aerials of any kind as you wish.
Ceroc Devon reserve the right to change the programme and competition if necessary without consultation.
The event will be recorded in full and photograph, these maybe used by Ceroc for promotional purposes.
The organisers accept no responsibility for injury to person or possession in relation to this event.
There will be no refund for entrants who pull out of this category beforehand.