The Grand Master Trophy
The Grand Master at the South West Championships is the final of all finals. Taking the 1st place couples from each freestyle category and giving them 1 round of 2 tracks (one fast, one slow) to battle it out to win the coveted Grand Master Trophy. There will be just one Grand Master Trophy for first place.
1) You only get to compete in this category if you’re on fire on the day and have won one of the eligible categories. This is ‘THE ULTIMATE PRIZE’...
2) The eligible winning couples consist of the major freestyle categories who are invited after all the prize givings to compete for the final trophy.
3) The eligible Categories are:
Top Cat Am (as a couple)
Top Cat Pro (as a couple)
Chill Out Intermediate
Chill Out Advanced
Chill Out Open
4) Points are awarded for style, musical interpretation, synchronisation of the couple and quality of dancing rather than the number of complex moves and links.
5) No points are awarded for dress/presentation.
6) No Airsteps are permitted in this category.
7) Couples are permitted to perform dips, leans and drops (although no points are awards for them), so long as one of the ladies feet stays in contact with the floor at all times, otherwise it will be counted as an airstep.
8) Judges decisions are final.
Special rules apply if a lead or follow (or a couple) win more than one of the above:
1. In the event of a couple winning multiple categories - the number of finalists for the Grand Masters Trophy will be reduced to reflect the number of UNIQUE Gold medalists.
2. In the event of the same lead/follow winning multiple categories with different partners, only one partnership will be able to enter the final. The partnership to enter the final will be determined by Ceroc and will be based upon the highest differential (margin), between First and Second place of each of the competitions, won by the partner who has danced and won multiple competitions. It therefore follows that the possibility exists that an individual who wins one of the above competitions will not be able to enter the Grand Masters by virtue of the fact that their partner has elected to dance in multiple competitions with multiple partners. In exceptional circumstances such as injury this election may be varied.
3. Silver Medalist partnerships will not be considered for the Grand Masters Trophy irrespective of whether the Gold medalists are able to dance in the Grand Masters.
4. The only unique circumstance where a silver medalist would be considered for the Grand Masters Trophy is in the scenario of a single competitor winning 2 qualifying categories, with one of those categories being Top Cats. In this scenario, the multi-qualifying competitor will always compete in their fixed partner category, and the solo Top Cats Gold Medalist will get the opportunity to compete in the Grand Masters with their Silver Medalist counterpart.
The above has been assessed by our independent adjudicator and deemed the only fair way to select the Grand Masters Trophy finalists.
Ceroc Devon reserve the right to change the programme and competition if necessary without consultation.
The event will be recorded in full and photograph, these maybe used by Ceroc for promotional purposes.
The organisers accept no responsibility for injury to person or possession in relation to this event.
There will be no refund for entrants who pull out of this category beforehand.